UNSW Bachelor of Aviation (RPAS)
As a leading UAV service provider in the Emergency Service sector, we proudly partnered with UNSW in the development and launch of their Bachelor of Aviation (RPAS) program. This innovative degree is a first-of-its-kind, and prepares students for dynamic careers in the everchanging UAV industry, spanning commercial pilots, drone operators, and aviation researchers. Our collaboration with UNSW revolves around providing vital industry insights and delivering commercial experience in the practical training component.
Our Key Contributions
- Industry Insights: Drawing upon our wealth of industry experience, we have actively contributed valuable insights, ensuring the program aligns with the practical needs of UAV operations. Our goal is to bridge the gap between theory and real-world application.
- Practical Training Expertise: The Australian UAV Service plays a crucial role in delivering the practical training component of the program. Graduates will benefit from 40 hours of RPAS flight training and commercial experience, complementing 40 hours of fixed-wing flight training. This unique blend positions our collaboration at the forefront of RPAS education.
Our practical training encompasses mission scenarios on complex aircraft, offering a diverse range of experiences, including:
- Shark Identification scenarios
- Photogrammetry (mapping) exercises
- Search and rescue scenarios (search patterns, object identification and tracking – inland and coastal)
- Extended visual line of sight operations
- Natural disaster situational awareness exercises (fire response Ops, flood reconnaissance)
- Event surveillance
- Complex operational procedures (multiple platforms within vicinity).
Key Program Features
- Real-World Exposure: Industry experts from Australian UAV Service and UNSW will be actively involved, providing students with a deeper understanding of UAV applications across various industries. This exposure aims to nurture well-rounded professionals prepared for the diverse challenges in the aviation sector.
- Networking Opportunities: Our collaborative effort ensures that students not only gain theoretical knowledge but also have the chance to connect with professionals. Networking opportunities with industry experts will further enrich their educational experience.
Inspiring the Next Generation. Together, Australian UAV Service and UNSW want to inspire the next generation of aviators and problem solvers. Our partnership underscores our shared commitment to advancing aviation education and shaping the future of Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) professionals.
For more information, visit UNSW Bachelor of Aviation (RPAS)